Top Rated Carmel Mowing Provider
JPJ Landscaping is one of the highest rated lawn mowing services in the Carmel area. We have earned this reputation over the years and always striving to learn more so we can make our service better. Along the way, we have developed a process to make sure all of our properties receive consistent high quality work week in and week out. You may have found us by searching Carmel lawn mowing, but we provide many other services as well. We offer landscaping, mulch, leaf removal, and snow removal to name a few. We also service Westfield, Sheridan, Noblesville, Fishers and Indianapolis. In this blog, we will share with you the process we take to make all of our properties shine!
Professional Lawn Mowing
- Using the correct equipment: We use commercial grade lawn mowers. This helps with “up time”. If our mowers are not property working or broken, we cannot maintain the reliability that our customers have grown to know. Commercial lawn equipment is part of what makes the awesome stripes you see in the image below.
- Mowing at the correct height: When looking at a property, an experienced team leader can tell you what variety of grass you have in your lawn. Each variety has different needs and has to be mowed at differing heights. For Central Indiana, we mainly see Kentucky Blue Grass and Turf Type Tall Fescue. Both of those varieties need to be maintained between 3.5 and 4.5 inches tall. Therefore, this is the mowing height we maintain.
- Mowing the Grass: The first thing you will always see our team do is make a perimeter pass around the lawn going clockwise. The reason we do this is to shoot the grass away from your landscape beds. Commercial mowers discharge grass clipping on the right side of the machine. After that we begin mowing on the left hand side of the property to continue shooting grass away from the beds. Sometimes discharging grass away from the beds is not feasible, in those cases we use grass flaps to close the discharge shoot which prevents grass clipping from getting in your mulch beds.
- Trimming the property: Here is the great debate in the green industry. Do you trim before you mow or after…. Here at JPJLandscaping, we try and have the yard trimmed prior to the mowing. Our trimmer guy tries to stay ahead so the clipping can be mulched up by the mower. We trim all areas the mower cannot reach and also line trim the sidewalks to make a nice vertical edge where the turf meets the sidewalk.
- Blowing off the property: Once the property is completely mowed and trimmed, any clippings that made it onto a hard surface (patio, driveway, sidewalk, etc.) need to be blown back into the yard so it can decompose and turn back into soil.
Once we give the property a final look over, we head onto the next property. As you can see we have a very distinct process in place to make sure each property is completed with high standards. We take these processes and adapt them to all of our services from mowing to leaf removal and snow plowing to tree removal. Each service has a distinct process to maintain our high standards.
If you are looking for a new service provider…one that has high standards and extremely reliable, give us a call today at 317-519-3731 or request an estimate by clicking here. We would love to have the opportunity to show you why our services are such highly rated.